Crossovers are not required, but some patients who are taking a shorter acting benzodiazepine may prefer to follow the Ashton Manual and switch to a longer-acting benzodiazepine, such as Valium. A patient who prefers to taper directly from their own drug can look into compounding, liquid compounding, tapering strips, a 0.001 gram scale, or liquid titration.
Educating about the potential adverse effects of benzodiazepines taken as prescribed.
Get Our Newsletter
- Benzodiazepine Information Coalition’s Summer 2019 Update
- BIC Supports FDA’s Benzodiazepine Drug Abuse, Addiction and Dependence Language Proposal
- Elderly Former NASA Analyst’s Protracted Lorazepam Injury
- Survey About Your Experience With Taking Benzodiazepines (or Z-Drugs)
- What are the Dangers of Sudden Benzodiazepine Cessation, and How Can They Be Avoided?