On January 26, Dr. Michael Bohan, who serves on our medical advisory board, operated our booth at the Medicating Normal Screening. Medicating Normal is an award-winning documentary telling the untold story of the potential long-term consequences of taking prescribed psychiatric medications, including benzodiazepines.
The screening was presented by the Richard Fee Foundation and was held at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The audience was around 800, including the general public, impacted patients, and medical providers. After the screening, there was a panel discussion including
- Robert Whitaker, Journalist/Author, Anatomy of An Epidemic
- Gretchen LeFever Watson, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist
- Sami Timimi, M.D., Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Brooke Siem, Author, May Cause Side Effects
- Lynn Cunningham, Filmmaker, Medicating Normal
Before and after the event, Dr. Bohan, a benzo-wise doctor, met with many of the event attendees at our booth. He answered questions, while handing out pamphlets and copies of The Ashton Manual.