Blog Submission Information
Blogging for Benzodiazepine Information Coalition
BIC loves publishing unique blogs that address issues surrounding benzodiazepine problems. We have some guidelines we’ve learned best meet the needs of our organization. If you have an interest in blogging for us please review the list of guidelines and submit your topic idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. We typically do not publish blogs that are timelines of individual stories. We are seeking writing that educates about aspects of the benzodiazepine problem. There are exceptions, but please get approval in advance. If unsure, please reference our existing blogs to get a sense of our content.
- We ask for all topics to be broadly understandable and relatable and written in layman’s terms.
- We do not accept blogs that seem to insult the medical profession.
- Blogs should not recommend any medications or supplements, promote services/businesses, ask for donations or provide medical advice.
- Length between 500 to 2000 words.
- Use appropriate terminology. Physical dependence is not addiction.
- Keep blogs areligious, devoid of politics, and absent any other controversial topics. If there is a topic that might touch on either one of these please present it for approval before starting.
If you are a first time blogger for BIC, we require you to submit a personal bio (see other bios for examples) that will be published with your piece and any subsequent pieces. Submission of a photo with your bio is recommended, but not required. If you are including photos in your blog, please submit the photos with appropriate credits. If there are no photos or credits submitted, BIC will likely choose a relevant stock photo to accompany your piece. If we publish your blog on BIC’s site, please do not publish your blog elsewhere. BIC reserves the right to refuse your piece for any reason. If your piece is accepted, it may go through an editing process for grammar, clarity, and length. If it is edited, you will be given the opportunity to review it prior to being published.