Acclaimed Australian actor Heath Ledger, died in 2008 from an accidental overdose as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone,diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine. Ledger died at age 28, during the height of his career, leaving behind his young daughter, Matilda Rose. His father, Kim Ledger, released a statement through Heath’s publicists Mara Buxbaum:
While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.